May 7, 2020- Carnival Cruise Line plans tofirst eight-ship cruises from August 1, 2020 to undertake.They proceed differentlyCarnival brands Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Seabourn Cruise Line. sheannounce long breaks in operations until autumn.
Holland America Line
The shipping company is suspending all trips to Alaska, Europe, Canada / New England states planned for 2020 as well as those departing from Boston planned for the fall Grand Africa Voyage the MS Amsterdam.
Nieuw Statendam - meeting on the high seas
To offset this, Holland America offers Future Cruise Credits or refunds of the travel price (100 percent).
With reference to a lack of flight capacity or port closings, Princess Cruises announces the suspension of all ship trips until the end of the summer season.
To be canceled:
- Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess Alaska cruises.
- European and transatlantic cruises of the Enchanted Princess, Regal Princess, Sky Princess, Crown Princess and the Island Princess.
- Summer cruises in the Caribbean as well as all trips to Canada and the New England states (Caribbean Princess and Sky Princess).
- Diamond Princess cruises departing from Japan.
- Australia cruises of the Sapphire Princess and the Sea Princess in August.
- Cruises departing from Taiwan the Majestic Princess in the month of July.
- Pacific Princess cruises to Hawaii and French Polynesia scheduled for November.
Customers affected by the cancellations will be offered future cruise credits in the amount of 125 percent of the travel price or refunds of the travel price (100 percent).
Seabourn Cruise Line
The luxury brand of Carnival Corporation & plc has four of its five ships on hold until November. The Seabourn Sojourn will be the first ship to start service on October 13th. The four remaining ships will be out until November 20th.